January 17, 2012

Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

So I checked out this article from Universe today, which is about the recent rash of astronauts who are selling their Apollo mission memorabilia. NASA doesn't like it, astronauts say they have the right to sell their personal property, and so the two groups are working together to find an agreeable solution, nice and friendly.

After reading the article I decided to check out the authors blog, Vintage Space. I particularly enjoyed this piece written about Apollo 8, or more accurately, the events that led up to the Apollo 8 mission.

Reading this made me wonder what John McCain had to do with with Apollo 8 (You'll have to read the article to find out why). This lead to some genealogical confusion for a bit, but this article from PBS and good ol' Wikipedia helped clear things up for me.

I enjoyed this particular journey through history, I highly recommend reading these articles. Especially the PBS one.


Share/Bookmark